Want to write for Anew Traveller? We’d like to hear from you.
We’re always on the lookout for new writers, photographers and videographers who share a passion for the world, culture, people, adventure and travel. Here’s how to write for us:
How to Pitch a Story
- Start by reading over some past articles to get a feel for the type of content we publish and the different categories we publish in.
- Understand what type of publication we are: Anew Traveller aims to present an inspiring perspective on travel and life’s journeys that’s new, intriguing, informative, exploratory and has an added layer of depth in research and/or presentation. Learn more about Anew Traveller and our UNESCO Mission.
- Your pitch should include a title, story outline, description of accompanying photos/videos/multimedia components, how your story aligns with the Anew Traveller brand and why you are the best person to write the piece. If you are pitching to us for the first time, please also include a very brief bio that outlines your relevant qualifications/expertise, links to your social media handles and links to 2-3 relevant examples of your previously published work.
- We are particularly interested in strong photo and video content, stories that evoke a strong sense of place or thoughtfulness, stories that offer insider tips and useful information for how to travel to a destination, as well as a polished and distinctive writing style.
- Email all pitches to Editor-in-Chief Nicola Brown at email@example.com with subject line “Pitch:” followed by a brief description of your idea.